Welcome to the Web pages of the SIUK
The Schubert Institute (UK) exists to promote and develop the appreciation of the music of Franz Schubert and the study of and research into his life and works.
SIUK members - amateur and professional, listeners, performers and musicologists - are united by a love of the music of Schubert.
In pursuit of its aims SIUK
- publishes a quarterly journal – The Schubertian
- promotes conferences on Schubertian themes
- manages the Schubert Institute Research Centre at Leeds University Library
- organizes Schubert Days at different venues around the country
- encourages and supports events and activities celebrating the music of Franz Schubert
As a UK charity (registration number 1028792) SIUK is a non-profit-making organisation which depends upon the efforts and enthusiasm of its members and officers.